Protool Cycleworks is the technical, service and performance arm of Beaconfell.
Position: This is where we build our bikes, assess, diagnose and improve a rider’s position and service and provide technical support.
We believe position on your bike needs to take account of each riders’ specific:
• Anatomy and body dimensions – two riders of exactly the same height can differ enormously dependent upon the relative proportions of their torso, leg length (split between thigh length and lower leg) and arm.
• These factors will dictate an appropriate top tube length, saddle set back position, foot and knee position, saddle height and bar height.
• Whilst many retailers use various bike fit software packages we believe the experience of Spike, Iain and Matt combined with their eye and five or six critical measures combined with a detailed understanding of each customer as a rider will produce an improvement in their position.
• Injury or physical restriction
• Flexibility – limited, normal or flexible
• Rider ability – brand new cyclist, Sportive rider, seasoned club rider or age group triathlete, professional bike rider, GB Olympic track cyclist, GB Olympic Triathlete
• Bike fit session cost £75
Technical & Servicing:
Modern bikes whether road or mountain bike can be both highly valuable and increasingly technically complex. Like a car, it is very important to maintain and service your bike regularly. The frequency depends upon how many miles you do, whether you clean and lubricate your bike regularly and what conditions you ride in. Regular service is important primarily for your safety but also because it will significantly increase the life of your bike and its components. It is also an integral part of your Beacon warranty, to ensure your bike is properly serviced and maintained. You will also enjoy your riding far more without the inevitable squeaks and rattles that will develop if your bike is not regularly checked over and maintained. We believe in helping every one of our Beacon customers to adopt the right habits by including two free check, adjustment and lubrication services in their first year, (some conditions apply, any worn out parts are chargeable but this is unusual in year one and this only applies to the original purchaser).
We take the same degree of care in servicing your bike, as we do when we build our own bikes or the bikes we build for Pro riders, Team GB Triathletes Gordon Benson, Lois Rosindale, Sian Rainsley or Haribo Beacon professionals like, Olympic Champion, Steven Burke who rode for Haribo Beacon in 2014.
We can service (almost!) anything from a rusty wreck that has stood for too long in the shed, through to a GB Olympic cyclist’s bike and everything in between. We service road and mountain bikes. We will review what needs to be done based upon what you have asked for. If we find other issues we will tell you about them. We will update you before proceeding with work if it is outside the task you have set us. You’ll typically also get a bag of old bits when you collect your bike to show you what has been replaced.
Having built and maintained Pro race team bikes through a number of seasons we can fit, run diagnostics and service the latest electronic systems from both Shimano Di2 and Campagnolo EPS. We can also deal with the latest mountain bike and road hydraulic brake systems from SRAM, Shimano, Hope and others.
We believe in training our staff and everybody in the Beacon team is a Cytech qualified bike technician at varying levels down from the directors and even through to our finance manager and apprentice. We want our customers to know that anyone who supports them in store, knows what they are talking about and are properly trained to make adjustments to their bike and give sound advice.
Our workshop is open and friendly and well equipped but most importantly, clean and tidy. We base our workshops on the best in world class motorsport. That’s how the Beacon team work. If there’s something wrong with your bike we will explain the problem to you, show it to you, put it plain English and fix it!